The Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Certification enables individuals to become qualified mindfulness teachers. This MBSR based course has been designed to offer you the knowledge and experience you need to be a competent teacher of mindfulness.
The course is ideal for coaches, teachers and other educators, nurses, therapists, yoga teachers, clinical psychologists, HR, social workers, and anyone else who is working with people and would like to expand their practice.
Participants in this training will:
• Learn how to teach mindfulness meditation with tools for body, heart, and mind.
• Develop and enhance your own practice of embodied mindfulness.
• Strengthen your capacity for applying mindfulness in your personal and professional life.
• Explore the neuroscience of mindfulness meditation.
Train to teach practices of compassion, loving kindness, forgiveness, and joy.
• Develop skills for leading groups and classes and guiding students.
• Engage in philosophical discussions on the purpose and usage of mindfulness meditation.
*Limited to 30 Trainees
Full Catastrophe Living
There is not a governing accrediting body for mindfulness. There are universities with programs and other teachers, like Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield, who begin programs. Balance’s training is not accredited through a university. However, Erica’s continued trainings in both Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (M.B.S.R.) through UMass Medical (she is a qualified M.B.S.R. teacher through UMass) and now Brown University, as well as the mindfulness teaching certification with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield, have afforded her the experience and insight to create a local, affordable and reputable training. If you have further questions, please contact Erica directly.